- Thread VW653/3 pressure hose into spark plug
Lightly tap valve spring retainer to loosen stuck
Intake and exhaust valves have different installation angles in cylinder
head. 3362 valve spring tool can be used in two different positions:
1 - Top position for the center intake valve
2 - Lower position for both outer intake valves and both exhaust valves
3 - Threaded bores with M6 x 25 retaining bolts on the left and right are
used to secure the lower bracket to cylinder head
- Using retaining bolts bolted into tool, secure 3362 valve spring tool to
- Adjust tool to correct position for corresponding valve.
- Attach pressure hose to compressor.
Minimum pressure: 6 bar (87 psi)
- Using threaded spindle and 3362/1 pressure piece, press valve springs
downward and remove.
ge 39 of 51 Valvetrain, servicin
Valve seats, refacing
If a perfect contact pattern isn't obtained after
hand lapping valves, reface valve seats.
Special tools and equipment
Valve seat refacing tool
When servicing engines with low compression
due to leaking valves, it is not sufficient to
reface or replace the valve seats and valves. It
is especially important to check valve guides for
signs of wear on high-mileage engines Page 15
Only reface valve seats enough until a perfect
contact pattern is obtained.
Before refacing, determine maximum refacing
If refaced dimension is exceeded, hydraulic
ge 47 of 51 Valvetrain, servicin