Scheduled maintenance must be completed to provide the best vehicle performance and reliability.
The limited warranties in the warranty booklet DO NOT COVER repairs required due to improper
maintenance. We strongly suggest you keep track of scheduled maintenance and keep receipts or other
documents. Use only recommended Mopar® Lubricants and genuine Mopar® Parts. In the event that
a condition arises between maintenance intervals, please contact your retailer.AVOID PRO-
LONGED PERIODS OF IDLING.
NOTE: WHERE TIME AND METRAGE ARE INDICATED, FOLLOW THE INTERVAL THAT OCCURS FIRST.
Your vehicle is equipped with an automatic oil change indicator system. The oil change indicator
system will remind you that it is time to take your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance. Based on
engine operation conditions, the oil change indicator message will illuminate. This means that service
is required for your vehicle. Operating conditions such as frequent short-trips, trailer tow, extremely
hot or cold ambient temperatures, and E85 fuel usage will influence when the “Change Oil” message
is displayed. Severe Operating Conditions can cause the change oil message to illuminate as early as
5,600 kilometres since last reset. Have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible, within the next 800
NOTE: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD OIL CHANGE INTERVALS EXCEED 16,000 KILOMETRES OR TWELVE MONTHS, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
SEVERE DUTY ALL MODELS:
CHANGE ENGINE OIL AT 6,500 KILOMETRES IF THE VEHICLE IS OPERATED IN A
DUSTY AND OFF ROAD ENVIRONMENT. THIS TYPE OF VEHICLE USE IS CONSID-
ERED SEVERE DUTY
ONCE A MONTH OR BEFORE A LONG TRIP:
• Check engine oil level.
• Check windshield washer fluid level.
• Check and clean wiper blades. Replace if required.
• Check the tire inflation pressures and look for unusual wear or damage.
• Check the fluid levels of the coolant reservoir, brake master cylinder and power steering. Fill as
• Check function of all interior and exterior lights.
Refer to the Maintenance Schedules on the following pages for required maintenance.
AT EVERY OIL CHANGE INTERVAL AS INDICATED BY OIL CHANGE INDICATOR
• Change engine oil and filter. Oil changes prompted by the oil change indicator system can be
recorded in the oil change log section.
• Rotate the tires. Rotate at the first sign of irregular wear even if it occurs before the oil
indicator system turns on.
• Inspect battery and clean and tighten terminals as required.
• Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, hoses and park brake.
• Inspect engine cooling system protection and hoses.
• Inspect exhaust system.
• Inspect engine air filter if using in dusty or off-road conditions.
• The performance of all scheduled service work is required to maintain your vehicle in good
operating condition. Chrysler Canada Inc. reserves the right to deny warranty coverage if
the vehicle has not been properly maintained. While we do not insist that such work be
performed by factory authorized retailers, we strongly recommend that an authorized
Chrysler, Jeep® or Dodge Retailer perform this work.