roof HONDA CIVIC SEDAN 2020 Navigation Manual (in English)
Page 19 of 143
Voice Control System
Your vehicle has a voice control system that allows hands-free operation of the
navigation system functions.
The voice control sy
stem uses the and buttons on the steering wheel and a
microphone near the map lights on the ceiling.
For details of the button, button and microphone position, see the Owner's
To achieve optimum voice recognition wh en using the navigation voice control
• Make sure the correct screen is displa yed
for the voice command that you are
using. The system recogniz es only certain commands.
Available navigation commands:
2 Navigation Commands P. 136
• Close the windows and moonroof *.
• Adjust the dashboard and side vents so air does not blow onto the microphone on
• Speak in a clear, natural speaking voice without pausing between words.
• Reduce any background noise if possible. The
system may misinterpret your
command if more than one person is speaking at the same time.
1Voice Control System
When you press the button, the system prompts
you to say a voice command. Press and release the button again to bypass this prompt and give a
1 Voice Recognition
The voice control system can only be used from the
driver’s seat because the microphone unit removes
noises from the passenger’s side.
* Not available on all models