New Vehicle Limited Warranty
The following items are not covered:
Damage due to Factors Beyond the Manufacturer’s
Examples of these factors include, but are not limited to:
• Misuse of your Kia Vehicle such as driving over
curbs, or other hazardous objects or road structures
or into roadway maintenance or construction areas,
overloading the vehicle, racing or engaging in
activities or uses not described in your owner’s
manual or in Kia’s product literature.
• Accidents and incidents that damage your Kia
vehicle including but not limited to collision, fire,
• Alteration, modification, tampering, rewiring.
• Damage or corrosion from the environment such as
acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.),
road salt, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and acts
of God. This limitation also includes damage to
vehicle assemblies such as brakes and suspension.
• Changes to vehicle appearance caused by normal
use and exposure, corrosion to underlying metal
when paint integrity is not consistently maintained.
• Consumer induced damage caused by fluid spills,
burns in carpet, seats, trim or other damage that is
not considered a defect in material or workmanship.
• Window glass that is broken, chipped, scratched or
damage from outside influence is not considered a
defect in material or workmanship
• Paint or vehicle finish damage caused by applying
chemicals to the paint surface
• Damage caused by installing incorrect tires(size etc)
• Damage caused by the installation of any part that is
not equal to the OE part in quality of material or
Damage due to Lack of Maintenance or the Use of
Wrong Fuel, Oil or Lubricants.
• Improper maintenance or the use of other than the
specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in
your Owner’s Manual. It is your obligation to ensure
that you obtain all fuels, oils and lubricants from
reliable vendors using quality products which meet
the Kia specifications identified in your Owner’s
Manual. In the event that problems result to your
vehicle due to service from vendors who use
reduced quality products, your vehicle warranties
will not provide coverage.
What is Not Covered
북미향 20MY 전차종 (내지1-37).indd 92019-06-14 오전 9:41:04
10New Vehicle Limited Warranty
• Damaged brake rotors and drums resulting from
failing to replace brake pads and/or shoes before
they have worn sufficiently to damage such rotors
and drums. It is your obligation to ensure adequate
inspections to prevent rotor and drum damage due to
Manufacturer Design Choices
• The choices made in designing your vehicle,
including the materials chosen for parts and
• Note: A material is not defective or underperforming
under your warranty because a better, stronger, more
durable or more suitable material could have been used.
• Note: All vehicle dimensions and measurements are
made solely at the discretion of the manufacturer
and are not warranted to be suitable for you or
anyone else who uses your vehicle.
• Replacement or repair of parts intended to wear
including the friction wear parts of the brakes,
including brake pads and shoes, spark plugs, belts,
clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs except
HID bulbs, fuses, and other wear and consumable
• Surface corrosion on any part other than the body
sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance
of a Kia Vehicle.
• Normal maintenance services such as: cleaning and
polishing, minor adjustments, lubrication, oil/fluid
changes, filters, anti- freeze coolant replenishment,
wheel alignment and tire rotation unless such services
are performed as part of a covered warrantable repair.
• Normal maintenance items including but not limited
to spark plugs, engine belts, filters, wiper blades, and
bulbs except HID bulbs are not warranted. However,
as a matter of policy, Kia will repair or replace such
maintenance items of a new vehicle during the
vehicle’s initial ownership period, but only up to the
first service interval or 12 months/12,000 miles,
whichever comes first.
• Maintenance services described as “Scheduled
Maintenance Services”, “Owner Maintenance Services”
or “Appearance Care” in your Owner’s Manual.
• Any repair of a Kia Vehicle on which the odometer
has been altered or on which the actual mileage
cannot be reasonably determined.
북미향 20MY 전차종 (내지1-37).indd 102019-06-14 오전 9:41:04