NISSAN ARMADA 2007 1.G Navigation Manual
Page 21 of 272
MAP SCREEN TYPES
Two types of map views are available: Plan View
Plan View displays the map in a 2-dimensional
environment similar to a road map.
BirdviewTMdisplays the view from an elevated
perspective. In BirdviewTM, it is easy to recog-
nize an image of the route because it provides a
panoramic view over a long distance.
Page 22 of 272
SWITCHING MAP VIEW
map screen is displayed.
2. Highlight [Map View] and push
3. Highlight the preferred map view and push
map view illuminates.
“SWITCHING THE MAP VIEW”
Page 23 of 272
.When you select a map view, a preview of
that view is displayed on the right side of the
.You can also switch the map view using the
2) Highlight [Navigation] and push
3) Highlight [Map View] and push
Page 24 of 272
MOVING AROUND WITHIN A MAP
You can manually move across the map to view
the surrounding areas or a preferred location.
1. Tilt the joystick corresponding to the direc-
tion that you want to move across the map.
Keep tilting the joystick to continuously
move across the map in that direction. Once
you start moving on the map, the cross
2. Returning to the current location map screen
Page 25 of 272
CHANGING THE SCALE OF A MAP
() . A scale appears on the left side of the
To view the map in detail, push
To view a wider area, push
The scale will automatically disappear when
Push and hold
smaller steps (free zoom) . Once the free zoom
has been utilized, push
in smaller steps.
Page 26 of 272
HOW TO STORE YOUR HOME
If your home location is already stored in the
Address Book, it can be easily retrieved to set
the route to your home.
The procedure to store your home location is the
same as for storing any other location.
“4. Setting a destination”
As an example, the procedure for storing your
home location by searching for a destination by
address is described here.
2. Highlight [Address Book] and push
STORING YOUR HOME LOCATION/
Page 27 of 272
3. Highlight [Home Location (Add New)] and
4. A confirmation message is displayed. Con-
firm the contents of the message, highlight
[Yes] and push
5. Highlight [Street Address] and push
Page 28 of 272
6. Enter the address of your home, highlight
[OK] and push
The map screen is displayed.
“SETTING A STREET ADDRESS”
7. Using the joystick, adjust your home location
8. After adjusting the location, push
9. A message is displayed and your home
location is stored.
Page 29 of 272
CHARACTER (letter and number) INPUT
You will have to enter alphanumeric characters
when setting a destination, searching for a
facility or editing the stored locations, etc.
1. Use the joystick to highlight a character on
the displayed keyboard.
Page 30 of 272
 and push
last character entered.
Push and hold
delete all the characters entered.
] to enter a space.
4. After finishing the entry, highlight [OK] and
You can push
to the previous screen, but only after
deleting all the characters entered.