3-4.5 Alternate Procedure 1 (Remove Fuses)
1. Open the hood.
2. Press and expand the pawls (A) on the sides of the fuse box and remove the fuse box (1) from its housing.
NOTE: : Arrow in illustration depicts vehicle front direction.
There is no separate fuse box cover. The bottom of the fuse box is also its cover. AAYIA0145ZZ
3. Remove the following fuses:
a. F/S1 RLY Fuse (F24 F/S1 RLY 15A)
b. VCM Fuse (F3 VCM 20A)
4. Remove the fuse box cover and remove the 20A VCM fuse. NOTE: : Arrow in illustration depicts vehicle front direction.
If you cannot identify the above fuses, remove all fuses in the fuse boxes. F24 F/S1 RLY 15A
(Blue)F3 VCM 20A
AAYIA0053GB20A VCM (Yellow)
6. Disconnect the negative (-) 12-volt battery cable (1) .
Insulate the negative (-) battery cable terminal with
NOTE: : Arrow in illustration depicts vehicle front
at least ten (10) minutes for complete discharge of the high-voltage capacitor after
the fuses are pulled.
8. Perform the dismantling operation. To avoid unintended reinstallation and risk of electrical shock and severe personal injury
death, the dismantler should carry the fuses on his/her person and cover the fuse box
with insulated tape. 1