sport mode RENAULT MEGANE 2016 X95 / 3.G Owners Manual
Page 116 of 316
STANDING START PROCEDURE (1/2)
Activating the system
The system is activated by:
– with the engine running, and the ve-hicle stationary;
– Sport mode activated (please see the “Multi-Sense” section);
– depress the brake pedal with the left foot;
– keeping the brake pedal pressed, pull the two steering wheel pad-
dles 1 until the message “Launch
Control ON” appears on the instru-
– release the paddles 1;
– with your left foot still pressing the brake pedal, press the accelerator
pedal fully to beyond the point of
resistance with your right foot (the
engine speed will automatically sta-
bilise at around 2500 rpm);
– within 3 seconds, release the brake pedal for a sporty vehicle start.
If fitted on the vehicle, with the vehicle
stationary, the standing start procedure
(Launch Control) is a function which
permits maximum acceleration.
Note: This function should only be used
when the mechanical components have
reached their operating temperature.
Do not use this function on
slippery or wet roads.
Risk of loss of control of
Because of the accelera-
tion gained, this function
should only be used if traf-
fic conditions permit, and
in compliance with the local driving
regulations. Please ensure all the
conditions are met before each use.
Risk of accident or serious injury.
Heavy use of the system will reduce
the service life of the mechanical
components (clutch, transmission,
Page 120 of 316
STOP AND START FUNCTION (3/4)
Conditions preventing the
standby of the engine
Certain conditions prevent the system
from using the engine standby function,
for vehicles equipped with a
– the driver’s door is not closed;
– the driver’s seatbelt is not fastened.
for all vehicles:
– reverse gear is engaged;
– the bonnet is not locked;
– the outdoor temperature is too low or too high (less than around 0 °C or
higher than around 30 °C);
– the battery is not sufficiently charged;
– the difference between the vehicle interior temperature and the auto-
matic climate control instruction is
– parking distance control is in opera- tion; – for vehicles with automatic gear-
boxes, the gradient is steeper than
– the “Clear View” function is activated (please see “Automatic Climate
Control” in Section 3);
– the engine temperature is too low;
– the emission control system is being regenerated;
– the Sport mode of the Multi-Sense is activated (depending on the vehicle);
is displayed on the
instrument panel. This notifies you that
engine standby is not available.
Deactivate the Stop and
Start function when per-
forming any operations in
the engine compartment.
Special case for vehicles with
a RENAULT card
With the engine on standby (traffic jam,
traffic lights, etc.), if the driver unfas-
tens the seat belt and opens the driv-
er’s door, or gets out of the seat, the
ignition is switched off.
The assisted parking brake is applied
To restart and reactivate the Stop and
Start system, start the engine (please
refer to “Starting, stopping the engine”
in Section 2).
Special case of vehicles with
With the engine on standby (traffic
jam, traffic lights, etc.), if you get out of
the vehicle, a beep warns you that the
engine is on standby and has not been
Page 190 of 316
The Multi-Sense system acts, depend-
ing on the mode selected and depend-
ing on the vehicle, on the drive, the
light environment, the comfort and the
– modes Comfort , Neutral, Eco and Sport are preset and associated with
customisable light environments and
– mode Perso is fully customisable.
The drive modes affect the:
– power-assisted steering;
– the rear wheel steering;
– engine and gearbox responsiveness;
– heating level.
They also affect the:
– the light environment and the instru- ment panel lighting;
– instrument panel and multifunction screen information;
– engine noise;
– massage seat.
After each start-up, the vehicle uses the
mode set at the time the engine was
last switched off.
This mode favours smooth steer-
ing. The interior environment is sof-
tened. Depending on the vehicle, the
seat massage function is activated.
Depending on the vehicle, the seat
massage function is activated.
Default mode, mode Neutral selects the
vehicle factory settings.
Mode Eco is geared towards saving
energy and the environment. The
steering is smooth, engine and gearbox
management enable fuel consumption
to be lowered. Air conditioning is man-
aged to be used only when necessary.
Please refer to the information on
“Driving advice, Eco-driving” in
Note: for vehicles without ECOmode,
the Comfort mode becomes the most
suitable mode in terms of energy econ-
omy and respect for the environment.
Neutral Comfort Perso
In all modes, it is possible to change
the colour of the ambient lighting as
well as the format of the information
displayed on the instrument panel
and multifunction display. You can
also reset to the default settings.
Please refer to the multimedia
Page 191 of 316
MULTI-SENSE (2/2)Accessing the menu
You can access Multi-Sense, depend-
ing on the vehicle:
– from the multifunction screen 1.
Select menu “Vehicle” then “Multi-
– using switch 2;
– depending on the vehicle, by press- ing the button 3 Eco which automati-
cally launches the Eco mode, or
by pressing the button 3 R.S Drive
which automatically launches the
Sportmode. In both cases this opens
the “Multi-Sense” menu on the multi-
function screen 1 for a few seconds.
This mode permits an increased re-
sponsiveness from the engine and the
gearbox. The steering is firmer.
Note: depending on the vehicle, this
mode may inhibit the Stop And Start
mode (refer to the information on the
“Stop and Start Function” in Section 2).
This mode enables you to manually
configure the drive, comfort, light envi-
ronment and engine noise.
Depending on the vehicle, once the
“Multi-Sense” menu is displayed on
the multifunction screen 1 , pressing
switch 2 enables you to move between
the two preferential modes you have
selected. Refer to the handbook for the
Stopping the engine in Sport
mode, or Perso mode with engine
setting in Sport mode.
When you restart the vehicle, a mes-
sage asks you if you wish to keep
the engine setting in Sportmode.