SKODA YETI 2010 1.G / 5L Amundsen Navigation System Manual
Page 11 of 40
Range selector key SETUP9
Range selector key SETUPSound settingsBy pressing the button and pressing on the function key in the RADIO
mode, you can select the following para meters using the menu control button :•
- , ,
and - Volume when switching on, volu me of incoming traffic announcements,
volume of navigation announcements an d speed dependent volume adaptation;
- Treble setting;
- Midtone setting;
- Bass setting;
- Setting of the volume ratio between the left and right side;
- Setting of the volume ratio between the front and the rear;
* - Setting the equalizer (linear, language, rock, classical, dance);
* - Setting of the surround tone.
Your radio increases automatically its volume with the increasing vehicle speed. A
higher setting value results in a stronger volume increase.
You can set the tone parameters using the menu control button or the function keys
or .System settingsPress the button and select the function key .
You can select between the following parameters:•
- Menu language for the displa ys and the language messages;
- Keypad layout for text entry;
* - if your vehicle is equipped with climatronic, the setting change
is displayed when it is activated;
- Setting the brightness of the screen;
- Factory settings;
- the information regarding the complete memory capacity of the
SD card and the size of the memory assigned to the navigation data is displayed on the
- Removing the SD card.
Setup radioPress the button in the RADIO mode.Switching the traffic announcements on or off– If you wish to switch the reception of traffi c reports on or off, press the function key
. Determining the station selection via the arrow buttons – By pressing on or , you can select the source from which the stations are to be selected while in the RADIO mode using the arrow buttons. If
is selected, only stored stations from the preset list are called up using the
arrow buttons during station relay. The symbol “
„” is displayed on the
Switching the RDS function on or off (RDS regional)– Press on the function key (regional station) and select a set-up in the
opening pop-up window.
– Press on the button , doing so always chooses the frequency for the heard radio station which offers the best reception at the present time.
– When pressing on the button , the unit attempts to hold a radio station emit-
ting regionally long enough until the receptio n quality is so bad, that there is a risk
of a program loss.
Max. switch-on volume
Traffic announcements (TP)
SDVATre b l eMid-rangeBassBalanceFa d e rEQ settingsSurround
Air con. displaysScreenFactory settingsSD card statusRemove SD card
Traffic announcements (TP)
s34g.6.book Page 9 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 12 of 40
Range selector key SETUP
Delete stored stations
– Press the function key and confirm the following safety interrogation in order to delete all radio stations stored in the memory list.Setup Telephone*Call up the Setup Telephone menu by pressing the range selector key and the
range selector key .Entering the voice mailbox number– If you want to enter the voice mailbox number (this number depends on the type
of the mobile phone network) in a mobile phone, press the function key . The entry of the voice mailbox number is intended for
listening to the messages left on a mobile phone.Updating telephone book in the unit– Press on the function key to update all entries in the unit, the
telephone book of the mobile phone or th e SIM card entered since the last connec-
tion. This procedure can take a few minutes.
– Confirm the following safety interrogatio n. The “old” data in the telephone book
can still be selected at the unit while the data is being updated.Delete call lists– Press on the function key .
– If you confirm the following safety interrogation by pressing , the stored call numbers of all calls made and calls accepted in the unit will be deleted.Deactivating the telephone module– After pressing the function key the mobile phone
deregisters from the network (this function is only available for the universal tele-
phone preinstallation GSM III).Factory settings– Sets the telephone preinstallation to the basic setting.
The selection possibilities of the mobile phone set-up depend on the relevant type of
the universal telephone preinstallation.Setup traffic programmePress the range selector key and then the range selector key .
Switching the traffic announcements on or off
A tick in the check box
indicates that the traffic pr ogramme function is already
Opens a pop-up window where it is consider ed if the TMC traffic reports, received
during the route calculation, are to be entered.
Setup DisplayPress the button in the RADIO mode and then the function keys and
.Brightness– Press the function key and select the desired setting for brightness (5°stages) in a pop-up window.
– A light sensor, which is located in the top ri ght corner of the front panel, is used for
the automatic correction of the brightness depending on the light conditions in the
vehicle.Day/night– Press on the function key and sele ct a setting in the pop-up window.
– Press the function key if switching the headlights on and off should also change the map display from night to day design.
– Press on the function key or to manually determine the night and day design of the map display.
Enter voice mailbox number
Load telephone bookDelete call lists
Deactivate the telephone module
Traffic announcements (TP)
s34g.6.book Page 10 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 13 of 40
Range selector key SETUP11
– Press on the function key and select a setting in the pop-up
– Press or to switch the tone for confirmation of a function key operation on the screen on or off.Media set-upsPress the button in the MEDIA mode.
Function keys in the menu°-°Media•
- a tick in the check box
means that the function of
the traffic programme is switched on.
- Check box for setting the play function mode Scan, Mix
and Repeat incl. sub-folder (“switched on”) or without sub-folder (“switched off”).
- Setting the volume of the external audio source (audio source AUX
is located on the unit).
* - Setting the volume of the external audio source (the audio source
MDI is located under the armres t of the front seats or in a storage compartment on the
front passenger side).
* - enables a wireless transfer of MP3 data to the tele-
phone preinstallation. Enables the audio play function by means of Bluetooth interface
of portable units (mobile phones) which support the protocol A2DP.
Navigation settingsPress the button in the Navigation mode.
Function keys in the menu°-°Navigation•
- determine the criteria according to which a route is to be calcu-
lated and what types of destinations you wish to assign.
, , and - route
criteria, dynamic route guidance, route wi thout motorways and route without toll
- Setting the volume of the navigation announcements.
- changes between day and night display, as well as automatic, if the
map display changes automatically accordin g to the setting of the light switch.
- displays a point of interest on the map.
- changes the map scale automatically depending on the speed and the
driven route (Motorway trip: small map scale - City center: large map scale).
- the speed limit for the current section of the route is indicated
at the top left of the screen.
- during a route guidance, either the arrival or the driving time is
shown in the map display.
- Enter home address.
- you can start a virtual (apparent) route guidance in the demo mode.
Virtual route guidance will be repeated when reaching the fictive travel destination.
Stop virtual route guidance normally and de activate the demo mode to restart “real”
route guidance. As in this case the unit must first reorient itself it can take some time,
depending on the number of the currently tracked satellites, until the unit has again
found the real location. Drive a short distance.
- Entering a fictive (invented) starting point in the demo
- Deleting the destination memory or the list of the last
- Display of information via the data base on CD or SD card,
delete the data base of the SD card or copy the data.
Fa st : calculates the fastest route to the dest ination, even if a detour is necessary.
Short : calculates the shortest route, even if a longer driving time is necessary. Please
note that the setting “Short route” during route guidance can sometimes lead to unex-
Economical : calculates a route with a driving time as minimal as possible and a driving
distance as short as possible.
Traffic announcements (TP)Scan/mix/repeat incl. AUX volumeMDI volumeActivate Bluetooth audio?
Route optionsRoute criteria
Avoid toll roads/ferries
Announcement volumeDay/NightPOIs on mapAutozoomTraffic sign displayTime displayEnter home addressDemo modeDemo mode starting pointDelete destination memoryNavigation data basis
s34g.6.book Page 11 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 14 of 40
Range selector key SETUP
Dynamic route guidance with TMC use
If the dynamic navigation is switched off, traffic reports are nevertheless received in the
background and updated. The navigation displays traffic problems on the map and
draws attention to them verbally, however do es not consider them for calculating the
route (the route can lead th rough the traffic problems).
s34g.6.book Page 12 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 15 of 40
Range selector key RADIO13
Range selector key RADIORadio modeRetrieve radio stationCall up main menu RADIO and choose frequency range– Press the range selector key . The currently heard radio station is displayed
in the middle of the screen ⇒page 6, fig. 1 .
– Press the range selector key to change the frequency range. Alternatively, you can press on the function key ⇒fig. 4 in the main menu RADIO and
select or in the pop-up window.
Changing radio station– By briefly pressing the function keys or , you can change to the previous or
following radio station of th e selected frequency band.
–If the symbol “ TP” is displayed on the screen, you can only change over to the radio
stations with traf fic announcements.
–If the symbol “
„” is displayed on the screen, you can only change over to
the stored radio stations.
Select a radio station from the station list– If you wish that all the presently receivab le radio stations are displayed, press on
the function key and then on the function key . The list “skips”
directly to the display of th e currently heard radio station.
– Select the desired radio statio n using the menu control button .Change radio station in the memory list– Press the function key and then the function key and select
the desired radio station using the function keys - .Manual station finding– If you wish to set the radio station manually using its frequency, press the function key and then the function key .
– Set the radio station using the menu cont rol button or using the arrows and
on the unit.
– Briefly press the menu control button to terminate the manual frequency selection and to display once again the function keys.Scan function– In order to start the automatic play in the current frequency range, press the func-
tion key and then the function ke y . All radio stations with strong
reception are automatically played for appr oximately five seconds according to the
sequence in the station list.
Fig. 4 Menu radio: Function key bandFig. 5 FM station list
s34g.6.book Page 13 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 16 of 40
Range selector key RADIO
– Press on the function key to end th e automatic play of the currently heard
radio station.Save radio stationSave radio station– Press the function key and then the function key in order to
open the preset list.
– If you wish to store the displayed radio station in a memory space, press one of the displayed station keys to and hold it pressed for so long until a signal
sounds. The currently heard radio station is then stored on this station key.Deleting a radio station from the memory list– Press the button in the RADIO mode and then the function key
– Select the radio station you wish to de lete and confirm by pressing the menu
control button .
– If you wish to delete all the stored radio stations, press on the function key .
It is alternatively possible to store radio st ations by pressing the menu control button
.Calling up a radio station
Calling up a station via the station keys– Press the button ⇒fig. 6 and then the function key and the function
– You can select the station stored on one of the station keys to in the main
menu RADIO by briefly pressing the desired station key.Calling up available stations from the memory list– Press the button and then th e button and the function key .
– Select the desired radio statio n using the menu control button .RDS function– If you wish to switch the display of additional information to a radio station on or
off, press the button , the function is displayed in the top right corner of the
screen by the letter “i”.
RDS (“ Radio Data System”) serves to transmit program identification and additional
services therefore also enabling automatic tracking of stations.
In the event of sufficiently satisfactory reception, the suitable RDS radio stations will
display the station name instead of the station frequency.
If a radio station sends addi tional information via the RDS function while a station is
being stored, it can occur that the name of the radio station is later displayed incor-
rectly in the preset list. In this case, the stored station name can be restored by selecting
the desired radio station, wait until the correct station name is displayed as radio text
then press the menu control button and a pop-up window is
displayed on the screen.Traffic programme function TPSwitching traffic programme TP (TMC Program) on or off– Press the function key in the RADIO mode.
– Briefly press on in the opening pop-up window to switch the traffic programme
function on or off.
Fig. 6 Preset list
Station name stored
s34g.6.book Page 14 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 17 of 40
Range selector key RADIO15
The display “TP” in combination with a station name (e.g. in the station or preset list),
indicates a traffic programme station.
Irrespective of which radio st ation is heard, an additional receiver part in the unit
ensures that a traffic programme station can always be received as long as the traffic
programme function is switched on.
The functionality of the tr affic programme function “ TP” is displayed at the top right on
If no traffic programme station can be rece ived because, for example, radio reception
is interrupted in general, “ No TP” will be displayed instead of “ TP”. Remember that car
parks, tunnels, high building s or mountains can interrupt the radio signal up to the
total loss of reception.
Incoming traffic announcement
If you wish to interrupt the transmission of the traffic announcement, press on the
function key in the pop-up window Traffic announcement. The traffic informa-
tion function remains available and a following traffic announcement is replayed if a
random source is switched on. Pressing the function key will switch off the
traffic information function permanently.
s34g.6.book Page 15 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 18 of 40
Range selector key TMC
Range selector key TMCDisplaying TMC traffic reportsTMC traffic reports are used during route guidance, depending on the set-up for the
automatic optimization of the route, to report possible traffic problems.
– Press on the range selector key to display the current traffic reports in a list.
– Press on the display of a traffic repo rt to show it in a detailed display.
– You can browse through all the traffic information received in the detailed display, in sequence by using the function keys.
Traffic problems are illustrated in the de tailed display and in the map by a corre-
sponding symbol. The direction, in which th e traffic problem is found in the map, is
displayed in colour. A traffic problem which is located on the route (in direction of
travel) is marked in red, a traffic problem in the opposite direction is marked in grey.
The unit has a continuous background of TMC traffic reports providing a TMC
station at the current location can be receiv ed. The station you are listening to does not
have to be a TMC station.
TMC traffic reports can only be evaluated and stored by the unit if the nagivation
data (SD card or CD) is available for the driven area.
The quality of the dynamic route guidan ce depends on the transmitted traffic
announcements. The radio stations broadcasting this information are responsible for
TMC traffic reports are necessar y for the dynamic navigation.
There may not be any advantage in avoiding the traffic jam if, as a result of the TMC
traffic reports, the diversion is also heavily congested.
s34g.6.book Page 16 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 19 of 40
Range selector key MEDIA17
Range selector key MEDIAGeneral information for CD operation Audio-CDs (CD-A) and MP3-CDs can be played in the internal drive.
CD not legible
If you insert a CD which cannot be read by the unit, a pop-up window is displayed with
a note. Press on the function key , the CD is driven to the initial position.
If the CD is not taken out within 10 seconds, it is drawn in again for safety reasons.
The CD player is a 1st class laser product. There is a definite risk of injury from
invisible laser beams if it is opened.
Inserting a second CD while a CD is being ejected can destroy the CD drive in the
unit. Please note that the CD ejection lasts a few seconds after pressing the Eject
button . During this time the lock in front of the CD case is open. It is essential that
you wait until the CD has been fully ejected before you try to insert a new CD.
If the CD drive becomes mechanically defective or a CD has been inserted incor-
rectly or not fully, “ Error:°CD” will be displayed on the screen. Please check the CD and
place it again correctly and fully into the drive. If “ Error:°CD” is indicated again, please
contact your Škoda Service Partner.
If the inside temperature of the unit is t oo high, no CDs will be accepted. The unit
switches into the last active operating mode.Note
If the function key is inactive, no new Audio CD has been inserted or an
inserted Audio CD is not readable.
It is possible that CDs protected by copyright and self-made CD-R and CD-RW are
not returned at all or only in certain circumstances.
Please observe the following information for the MP3 operation ⇒page 20.
Please comply with the national legal copyright requirements in your country.
The CD player contains no parts that have to be serviced or repaired. If the CD
player is defective, contact a specialist garage.
Main menu MEDIAMain menu MEDIA - OverviewCalling up the main menu MEDI A and changing the media source– Press the range selector key to switch to the main menu MEDIA. The last
used audio source will continue to play.
Fig. 7 Main menu MEDIA: CD modeFig. 8 Selectable sources in the menu
s34g.6.book Page 17 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Page 20 of 40
Range selector key MEDIA
Buttons on the unit for controlling the current audio sources
The arrow buttons on unit or will always affect the currently heard audio source,
irrespective of the current menu used.
- briefly press to go to the beginning of the current track, press repeatedly to return
to the beginning of the previous track.
- brief pressing changes over to the beginning of the next track.
When in the menu of the currently played au dio source it is also possible to change
titles using the setting up button.
- by briefly pressing, you can select the display for the additional information of the
Selectable audio sources in the AUDIO menu
CD - changes over to an inserted CD.
CD 1-6* - changes over to a connected external CD changer.
SD card - changes over to an inserted memory card.
, or * - changes over to a connected external audio source.
Operating an externally connected audio sour ce is possible, with certain restrictions,
via the radio navigation unit and depends pr imarily on the type of the connected unit.
Additional function keys in the AUDIO menu - opens a pop-up window where the random play function Mix, the automatic
play Scan or the replay of the track or the folder can be started.
- opens the list of the tracks for the current audio source in order to select
another track.Inserting or ejecting a CDInserting the CD– Push a CD with the writ ten side facing up as far as possible into the CD case until it
is automatically drawn in. The play function will start automatically. Taking out the CD– Press the button to move the CD in the internal CD drive into the eject position.If a CD is not taken out in the initial position, it will be reinserted after approximately
10 seconds for safety reasons.
Inserting or removing a memory cardInserting a memory card– Push the memory card into the memory ca
rd case with the trimmed edge to the
front top, until it is locked in position . The play function will start automatically.Taking out a memory card– Press the button and then the function key .
– You can select the function key using the menu control button .
– Press against the spring resistance of the inserted memory card, the memory card “skips” back into the Eject position.
– After removing the SD card, confirm with on the screen.
Memory card empty or data not readable
If a memory card is inserted, on which no audio data has been stored, it will not be
switched over into the memory card mode after the loading procedure.
Requirements of the memory card•
Memory cards measuring 32 mm x 24 mm x 2.1 mm or 1.4 mm can be inserted into
the memory card case.
SD (Secure Digital Memory Cards) and MMC (Multimedia Cards) memory cards
with a capacity up to 4 GB.
SDHC (Secure Digital High-Capacity Memory Cards) memory cards with a capacity
up to 32 GB.
Due to the differing demands on quality of the card manufacturer, it is possible that
some of the data on the memory cards canno t be played or their play is restricted.
ƒ „ º I I I KAUX
Remove SD card
s34g.6.book Page 18 Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM