Driving modes See page 2, items 37, 49 and 50
Manual and automatic transmission
Rain/Ice/Snow mode and Dynamic mode, allow the driver
to more finely tune the vehicle’s driving characteristics to
suit the prevailing conditions. While a mode is selected,
the relevant switch lamp is illuminated.
1. Dynamic mode: Coordinates the vehicle’s systems to deliver a high performance driving experience. If transmission S is now used with paddle gear selection, there is no automatic gear change, even if the rev limit is reached.
NOTE: This mode remains selected for 6 hours after the
engine is switched off.
Blind spot monitor
BSM switches on automatically at vehicle speeds of
above 6 mph (10 km/h) while in a forward gear. It
monitors an area that extends approximately 20 ft (6 m)
behind the rear wheels and 8.2 ft (2.5 m) to the sides.
1. Each mirror displays amber icons to warn of overtaking vehicles in adjacent lanes.
2. The amber dot remains illuminated until the vehicle’s speed exceeds 6 mph (10 km/h).
Door mirror dip and Blind spot
See page 2, item 47
Passenger side mirror dip when reversing
This feature can be used to improve the passenger side
lower view, while reversing. Mirror dip can be selected
or deselected from the Instrument panel menu. Select
from the Vehicle Settings menu, then select the desired
option from the list.
To set a dip position
1. With the Electric parking brake applied, select transmission position R.
2. Adjust the mirror position with the joystick control to show a view of the lower rear curb and vehicle.
Subsequently, each time transmission R is selected, the
set dip position will be automatically selected. The mirrors
will return to their normal position when a forward gear is
Parking aids See page 2, item 21
When transmission R is selected, Parking aids sensors at
the rear and front of the vehicle activate. When a forward
gear is selected and the front Parking aids are required,
press the Parking aids switch to the left of the Touch
screen. Forward speed must be kept below 10 mph (16
1. When a Rear camera is not fitted, the Touch screen displays a vehicle graphic and indicates the approximate distance to any object detected.
Note: Sensors may activate when water, snow, or ice are
detected on their surfaces. Make sure that the sensors
are cleaned regularly.
An audible alert increases in frequency as the object is
The audible alert volume can be adjusted via the Touch
screen. Select the Home menu, then Setup followed by
System. Now select Volume presets. Use the + or - soft
keys, alongside Parking aid, to adjust the volume.
The glovebox, trunk, and the Touch screen can be
security locked to deny access to a parking attendant.
Selecting Valet mode
1. From the Touch screen, select the Home menu.
2. Now select Valet.
3. Enter a 4 digit PIN (personally chosen) and touch OK. You will be requested to confirm the PIN number.
4. Valet mode activated is displayed.
Press both buttons simultaneously to fold the mirrors
inwards. Press again to unfold.
2. Rain/ice/snow mode: Use in slippery road conditions . Moderates engine response and modifies the gear change strategy, to achieve the maximum possible traction.
NOTE: This mode remains in use until switched off.
Enhances vehicle acceleration and automatic gear
changes during a launch from standstill.
1. With Dynamic mode selected, press and hold the brake pedal with the left foot.
2. Select transmission D or S and lightly press the accelerator until the Message center displays DYNAMIC LAUNCH READY.
3. Release the brake pedal and then fully press the accelerator pedal. DYNAMIC LAUNCH ACTIVE is displayed in the Message center and rapid acceleration commences.
JJM189635161.indd 804/11/2014 13:31:27