Program No.: 91
Vdiag No.: 44, 4C, 48,
50, 54, 58
COMPUTER REPLACEMENT OR REPROGRAMMING
Two operations must be performed when replacing or reprogramming the computer:
SC003 Save computer data and SC001 Enter saved data.
–Run SC003 Save computer data before replacing or reprogramming the computer. This enables certain data
to be saved in the diagnostic tool so that the new computer* can be reconfigured like the old one. The saved data
are: injector codes, EGR programming, vehicle options.
–Run SC001 Enter saved data after replacing or reprogramming the computer. This enables the data (saved by
the command SC003 Save computer data) to be rewritten in the new computer*.
If you cannot establish dialogue with the computer being replaced: you will not be able to save anything.
After replacing the computer, write the IMA codes of each injector manually using command SC002 Enter injector
codes by reading the code on each injector (see Replacing the injectors).
Only on F9Q816 engines:
– Enter the data specific to particle filter operation by running SC036 Reinitialise programming and selecting after
replacing injection computer with no save option.
Exhaust gas recirculation valve data is programmed automatically the 1st time the new computer is turned on*.
* New computer or reprogrammed computer.
Specific to the cruise control/speed limiter operation to be carried out before reprogramming of the computer:
Before reprogramming the injection computer, move the main Cruise control/Speed limiter switch to the rest
position. The information about the cruise control or the speed limiter displayed on the instrument panel
Otherwise, if the main switch remains in the cruise control or speed limiter position during and after reprogramming,
the Cruise control/Speed limiter function will not be operational.
The procedure for resetting the function is as follows:
– Vehicle ignition on.
– Position the main switch in rest position (the computer then detects the rest position).
– Position the switch in Cruise control position to activate the Cruise control function.
– Position the switch in Speed limiter position to activate the Speed limiter function. IMPORTANT
– Switch on the diagnostic tool (mains or cigarette lighter supply).
– Connect a battery charger.
– Cut off all the electrical consumers (lights, interior lighting, air conditioning, radio CD, etc.).
– Wait for the engine to cool (engine coolant temperature < 60° and air temperature < 50°).
– During (re)programming, the instrument panel screen displays "Oil pressure fault".
Ignore this message and do not take any action in connection with it.
Fault finding – Replacement of components