Program No.: C4
Vdiag No.: 04, 08, 18, 1C,
20, 24, 26, 28, 34, 38, 44,
4C, 54, 58, 5C, 60, 62, 74
COMPUTER REPLACEMENT OR REPROGRAMMING
Two operations must be performed when replacing or reprogramming the computer:
SC003 Save computer data and SC001 Enter saved data.
–Run SC003 before replacing or reprogramming the computer. This enables certain data to be saved in the
diagnostic tool so that the new computer* can be reconfigured like the old one. The saved data includes: injector
codes, EGR programming, specific data for particle filter operation and vehicle options.
–Run SC001 after replacing or reprogramming the computer. It enables you to rewrite the data (saved by
command SC003) to the new computer*.
Only Vdiag 20, 24, 38 and 74:
–Run SC036 Reinitialise programming and select Heater plugs (see Interpretation of commands); this will allow
you to configure the correct type of heater plugs fitted on the vehicle, if necessary.
If you cannot establish dialogue with the computer being replaced: you will not be able to save anything. After
replacing the computer:
– Write the IMA codes for each injector manually by reading the code on each injector; run command SC002 Enter
– Check the exhaust pipe for leaks or blockage. Repair if necessary.
– Perform an After-Sales regeneration, follow the procedure for command SC017 Particle filter regeneration (see
Interpretation of commands).
– It is essential to change the engine oil and oil filter.
– Enter the data specific to particle filter operation by running SC036 Reinitialise programming and selecting after
replacing injection computer with no save option.
– Enter the VIN into the computer, use command VP010 Enter VIN.
–Only for Vdiag 20, 24, 38 and 74: Configure the type of heater plugs fitted on the vehicle by running SC036
Reinitialise programming and selecting Heater plugs (see Interpretation of commands).
Exhaust gas recirculation valve data is programmed automatically the 1st time the new computer is turned on*.
* New computer or reprogrammed computer.
IMA*: Individual injector correctionOperations to be carried out before the injection computer is reprogrammed:
Before reprogramming the injection computer, move the main cruise control/speed limiter switch to the rest
position. The information about the cruise control or the speed limiter displayed on the instrument panel
Otherwise, if the main switch remains in the cruise control or speed limiter position during and after reprogramming,
the cruise control/speed limiter function will not be operational.
The procedure for resetting the function is as follows:
Vehicle ignition on.
• Position the cruise control/speed limiter switch in the rest position (the computer detects the rest position at that
• Position the cruise control/speed limiter switch in the Cruise control position to activate the cruise control
• Position the cruise control/speed limiter switch in the Speed limiter position to activate the speed limiter function.
Fault finding – Replacement of components