SUZUKI IGNIS 2020 Owners Manual
Page 1 of 505
Classification: API SG, SH, SJ, SL, SM or SN
Viscosity: SAE 0W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40,
(K12M engine models)
(K12C engine models)
SERVICE STATION INFORMATION
Printed in Japan
Suzuki Red: Magenta 100%, Yellow 100%
Suzuki Blue: Cyan 100%, Magenta 70%
Takumi Blue: Cyan 100%, Black 85%
Keep With Vehicle At All Times.
Contains Important Information
On Safety, Operation & Maintenance.
See page 1-1
Engine oil recommendation:
Classification: ACEA A1/B1, A3/B3, A3/B4, A5/B5
API SL, SM or SN
ILSAC GF-3, GF-4 or GF-5
Viscosity: SAE 0W-16, 0W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40
For further details, see “Engine oil and filter” in the
“INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE” section.
Part No. 99011-75RM4-01E May, 2018
Brake fluid: DOT3 or SAE J1703
Tire cold pressure: See the Tire Information Label located on the
driver’s door lock pillar.
SUZUKI CVT FLUID GREEN-2
Page 2 of 505
This owner’s manual applies to the IGNIS series.
NOTE: The illustrated model is one of the IGNIS series.
Copyright © 2018 All Rights ReservedNo part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any me ans, electronic or
mechanical, for any purpose, wi thout the express written permis sion of Suzuki Motor Corporation.
Page 3 of 505
FOREWORDThis manual should be considered a per-
manent part of the vehicle and should
remain with the vehicle when resold or oth-
erwise transferred to a new owner or oper-
ator. Please read this manual carefully
before operating your new SUZUKI vehicle
and review the manual from time to time. It
contains important information on safety,
operation and maintenance.
All information in this manual is based
on the latest product information avail-
able at the time of publication. Due to
improvements or other changes, there
may be discrepancies between informa-
tion in this manual and your vehicle.
SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION
reserves the right to make production
changes at any time, without notice and
without incurring any obligation to
make the same or similar changes to
vehicles previously built or sold.
This vehicle may not comply with stan-
dards or regulations of other countries.
Before attempting to register this vehi-
cle in any other country, check all appli-
cable regulations and make anynecessary modifications. NOTE:
Please see the warning label named “Air
bag symbol meaning” in the “BEFORE
DRIVING” section for information on front
air bag protection.
(For Hong Kong models)
• “ENG A-STOP System” means Idling
• “SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki)” means Mild Hybrid.
Page 4 of 505
WARNING/CAUTION /NOTICE /
Please read this manual and follow its
instructions carefully. To emphasize spe-
cial information, the symbol and the
words WARNING , CAUTION , NOTICE
and NOTE have special meanings. Pay
particular attention to messages high-
lighted by these signal words:
Indicates special information to make
maintenance easier or instructions clearer.
The circle with a slash in this manual
means “Do not do this” or “Do not let this
WA R N I N G
Indicates a potential hazard that
could result in death or serious
Indicates a potential hazard that
could result in minor or moderate
Indicates a potential hazard that
could result in vehicle damage.
WA R N I N G
Do not modify this vehicle. Modifica-
tion could adversely affect safety,
handling, performance, or durability
and may violate governmental regula-
tions. In addition, damage or perfor-
mance problems resulting from
modification may not be covered
Improper installation of mobile com-
munication equipment such as cellu-
lar telephones, CB (Citizen’s Band)
radios or any other wireless transmit-
ters may cause electronic interference
with your vehicle’s ignition system,
resulting in vehicle performance prob-
lems. Consult your SUZUKI dealer or
qualified service technician for advice.
The diagnostic connector of your
vehicle is prepared only for the spe-
cific diagnostic tool for inspection
and service purpose.
Connecting any other tool or device
may interfere with electronic parts
operations and cause running out of
Page 5 of 505
INTRODUCTIONThank you for choosing SUZUKI and welcome to our growing family. Your choice was a wise one; SUZUKI products have great value
that will give you driving pleasure for years.
This owner’s manual was prepared to give you a safe, enjoyable, and trouble-free experience with your SUZUKI vehicle. In this manual,
you will learn about the vehicle’s operation, its safety features and maintenance requirements . Please read the manual carefully before
operating your vehicle. Afterwar ds, keep this manual in the glove box for future reference.
Should you resell the vehicle, please leave this manual with it for the next owner.
In addition to the owner’s manual, the other booklets provided with your SUZUKI vehicle explain the vehicle’s warranties. We r ecom-
mend you read them as well to familiarize yourself with this important information.
When planning the regular scheduled maintenance of your SUZUKI vehicle, we recommend you visit your local SUZUKI dealer. Their
factory-trained technicians wi ll provide the best possible serv ice and use only genuine SUZUKI parts and accessories.
“SUZUKI dealer” means Authorized Suzuki Service Workshop (in Europe).
Page 6 of 505
Vehicle Data RecordingsThere are certain components of your vehicle (the “Vehicle”) incorporating data storage modules or memories, which temporarily or per-
manently store the technical data below listed. These data are exclusively technical and serve for (i) identifying and correcting faults
occurred in the Vehicle and/or ( ii) optimizing functions of the Vehicle.Recorded data (the “Recorded Data”)• Malfunctions, faults, and erro rs in important system component s. (e.g. lights, brakes)
• Reactions of the Vehicle in cer tain situations (e.g. inflation of SRS air bags, activation of stability control system).
• Operating conditions of system components (e.g. filling levels).
• Status messages of the Vehicle and its individual components ( e.g. vehicle speed, acceleration, deceleration, lateral acceleration).
• Ambient conditions (e.g. outside temperature).
Recorded data vary depending on vehicle model or grade.
Page 7 of 505
(For EU countries)
Parties who can read out the technical data using specific diag nostic devices (the “Parties”);• Authorized distributors, dealers and repairers/service worksho ps of SUZUKI vehicles, and independent repairers/service workshops
• Manufacturer of SUZUKI vehicles ( e.g. SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION (“SUZUKI”), MAGYAR SUZUKI CORPORATION LTD.,
MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LIMITED, SUZ UKI MOTOR (THAILAND) CO., LTD., THAI SUZUKI MOTOR CO., LTD.)
• Suppliers of SUZUKI vehicle part s, components and accessories (the “Suppliers”)Data usage (the “Data Usage”)SUZUKI and the Parties may use t he Recorded Data in the modules or memories for the purpose of;
• Diagnostic, service, repair and warranty processes
• Research and further vehicle developments
• Implementation of or investigat ion for field actions including recall and service campaign
• Quality improvements, etc.
After an error has been corrected, data related to such error a re basically deleted from error storage module or memory, while certain
data are overwritten or kept further.Conditions under which SUZUKI and the Parties can disclose or p rovide any of the Recorded Data to a third partySUZUKI and the Parties may disclose or provide any of the Recorded Data to a third party under any of the following conditions:
• A consent from the Vehicle owner/ user(s), or from lessee of the Vehicle (in case of lease) is obtained.
• It is officially requested by police, prosecutor, court, or other authorities.
• It is provided to a research in stitute for statistical study after processing in such a manner that owner/user(s) of the Vehi cle cannot be
• It is used by SUZUKI or the Part ies or their directors, officers or employees for the purpose s described in the Data Usage.
• It is used by SUZUKI or t he Parties in a lawsuit.
• Any other cases allowed by ap plicable laws and regulations.
If required, you may receive fur ther information from each of the Parties other than the Suppliers.
• The data cannot be used to detect the Vehicle’s movements.
• The data stored in data storage modules or memories differ according to the Vehicle’s grade or model.
• No conversation nor noise/sound will be recorded in any event.
• The data may not be recorded in some situations.
If these technical data are combined with other information (e. g. accident or witness report, damage on the Vehicle, etc.), there may be
cases that such data may i dentify a specific person.
Page 8 of 505
RECOMMENDATION OF GENUINE SUZUKI PARTS AND ACCESSORIES USESUZUKI strongly recommends the use of genuine SUZUKI parts* and accessories. Genuine SUZUKI parts and accessories are built to
the highest standards of quality and performance, and are desig ned to fit your vehicle’s exact specifications.
A wide variety of non-genuine replacement parts and accessories for SUZUKI vehicles are currently available in the market. Using these
parts and accessories can affect the vehicle performance and sh orten its useful life. Therefore, installation of non-genuine SUZUKI parts
and accessories is not covered under warranty.Non-genuine SUZUKI parts and accessoriesSome parts and accessories may be approved by certain authorities in your country.
Some parts and accessories are sold as SUZUKI-authorized replac ement parts and accessories. Some genuine SUZUKI parts and
accessories are sold as re-use parts and accessories. These par ts and accessories are non-genuine SUZUKI parts and accessories and
use of these parts is not covered under warranty.Re-use of genuine SUZUKI parts and accessoriesThe resale or re-use of the following items which could cause h azards for users is expressly forbidden:
• Air bag components and all other pyrotechn ic items, including their components (e.g. cushion , control devices and sensors)
• Seat belt system, inclu ding their components (e.g. webbing, buckles and retractors)
The air bag and seat belt pretensioner components contain explo sive chemicals. These components should be removed and disposed
of properly by SUZUKI-authorized service shop or scrap yard to avoid unintended explosion before scrapping.
*The parts remanufactured under SUZUKI’s approval can be used a s genuine SUZUKI parts in Europe.
Page 9 of 505
SERVICE STATION GUIDE1. Fuel (see section 1)
2. Engine hood (see section 5)
3. Tire changing tools (see section 8)
4. Engine oil dipstick (see section 7)
5. CVT fluid dipstick (see section 7)
6. Engine coolant (see section 7)
7. Windshield washer fluid (see section 7)
8. Lead-acid battery (see section 7)
9. Tire pressure (see tire information label on driver’s door lock pillar)
10. Spare tire (see section 7) / Flat tire repair kit (see section 8)
LHD: Left Hand Drive
RHD: Right Hand Drive
Page 10 of 505