Downloaded from www.Manualslib.com manuals search engine 10E-34 Keyless Start System:
If remote controller or keyless start control module is
replaced with a new one or additional remote controller
is necessary, register ID code(s) of remote controller.1) Sit in driver seat and close all doors.
2) Check that door lock of driver seat is unlocked.
3) Insert ignition key (1) in to ignition key cylinder.
4) Perform Steps a) through f) described blow within 25 seconds after Step 3).
a) First push manual door lock switch (2) toward
lock side (3) and then push it toward unlock side
b) Repeat Step a) 2 more times.
c) Push lock side of manual door lock switch.
d) Remove ignition key from ignition key cylinder once and then insert it again.
e) Repeat Step d) 3 more times.
f) Start engine and wait for 3 seconds.NOTE
When 60 seconds elapse after engine is
started, the above process to enter
registration mode will be cancelled.
Therefore, be sure to proceed to the next
step within 60 seconds.
5) Turn ignition switch to OFF position. When ignition switch is turned to OFF position,
buzzer sounds twice and door lock is activated from
lock position to unlock po sition. This operation
indicates that keyless st art control module has
entered registration mode.
6) Push lock or unlock button of remote controller within 30 seconds after Step 5) to be registered.
When lock or unlock button of remote controller is
pushed, buzzer sounds twice, door lock is activated
to lock position and then to unlock position. This
operation indicates that remote controller ID code
has been registered in keyless start control module.
If an additional remote controller needs to be
registered, repeat the procedure of Step 6) within 30
seconds after Step 5).
7) To end registration mode, remove ignition key from ignition key cylinder or turn it to ON position.
If engine start function of keyless start system does
not work after registration , check ECM if DTC P1615
is detected. If it is detected, go to “DTC P1615: ID
Code Does Not Registered (Vehicle equipped with
keyless start system only) in Section 10C”. If it is not
detected, perform registration procedure again.