NISSAN LEAF 2015 1.G Manual PDF
Page 71 of 412
Unlock operation using charge port lid
1. Push the charge port lid opener switch.
2. The charging status indicator light flashes 3times and a beep sounds 3 times. The charge
connector lock is unlocked for 30 seconds.
3. After 30 seconds, the charge connector lock is locked.
•Depending on the charging station, the
lock mechanism established by local
standards may not be compatible with
your vehicle. It may not be possible for the
charge connector to lock to your vehicle.
• When the power source is cut off while
charging in AUTO mode, the connector
will be continuously locked for 5 minutes,
then it will be released.
• When timer charging is set with AUTO
mode, the connector will not lock until
charging is started.
• In AUTO mode, the charge connector lock
will only lock during normal charging-
.When the following systems are operated
individually or the 12-volt battery is being
charged, the charging connector lock will
• Climate Ctrl. Timer
• Remote climate control (if so equipped)
• Li-ion battery warmer
If the charge connector can not be
1. Place power switch in the OFF position.
2. Open the hood.
3. Insert a flat head screwdriver or suitable tool
into the screw that is located on the front of
4. Turn it clockwise to release the charge con- nector lock.
5. Remove the charge connector.
Page 72 of 412
Use charging timer to schedule when the Li-ion
battery charges. The vehicle automatically begins
charging at the scheduled times when the charge
connector is connected to the vehicle. The timers
do not need to be reset each time the Li-ion
battery needs charging.
With navigation system
The charging timer can save two timer settings
that include the charging start time and end time.
The charging timer can be applied to one of the
timer settings for each day of the week.1. Push the Zero Emission button
touch [Charging Timer]. 2. Touch [Set Timer 1] or [Set Timer 2]. The
following procedure explains Timer 1 setting.
Page 73 of 412
3. Enter the Li-ion battery charge start time.Touch [END Time] to change the time to stop
Charging timer is performed according
to the current time setting on the bottom
right of the display. When setting the
charging timer function, be sure to check
that the current time displayed is correct. 4. Touch [Assign Days] to set the charging timer
for different days of the week. Either Timer 1
or Timer 2 or OFF can be set for each day of
the week. Touch [OK] when the settings are
5. Touch [OK] when the settings are complete and a settings confirmation screen is
If OFF is selected for a day of the week,
the charging timer will not operate on
that day. The system will wait until the
next charging timer set to perform
charging. 6. Touch [Yes] if the settings shown on the
screen are correct.
Page 74 of 412
7. The [Timer 1] indicator illuminates after thecharging timer is set. Use the same procedure
to set the Timer 2 setting.
8. Place the power switch in the OFF position, and then connect the charge connector to the
•Always place the power switch in the OFF
position after setting the charging timers.
When the power switch is in the ON posi-
tion, the Li-ion battery will not start
• The Li-ion battery may not be charged to
the expected level if the charging timer start time and end time are set so there is
not enough time to charge the Li-ion
• When either the charge start time or
charge end time is set, the charging timer
function is activated.
• When only the charging timer end time is
set, the system automatically determines
when to begin charging. The Li-ion battery
may not be charged to the expected level
in the following conditions:
– The Li-ion battery is charged in cold weather.
– The charge connector is connected to the vehicle too close to the scheduled
charging end time.
• When only the charging timer end time is
set, the system automatically stops charg-
ing when the Li-ion battery charges to a
full charge. Charging may stop before the
scheduled end time.
• Touch [Timer 1] or [Timer 2] to turn off the
charging timer function. Touch [Yes] if the
settings shown on the screen are correct.
After this operation has been performed,
the indicator disappears and the charging
timer function is turned off. The start and stop time settings are not deleted, even if
the charging timer function is turned off.
• If charging timer and the Climate Ctrl.
Timer are operating at the same time due
to an overlap of the timer settings, you can
prioritize which function receives electri-
cal power first. See LEAF Navigation Sys-
tem Owner’s Manual.
• When charging is set as the first priority,
the Climate Ctrl. Timer does not start until
10 segments of the Li-ion battery avail-
able charge gauge are illuminated.
• When the climate control is set as the first
priority, the climate control system will be
turned on as scheduled by the Climate
Ctrl. Timer regardless of the remaining
• Even when the climate control is set as the
first priority, the climate control system
will be turned off when the electric de-
mands of the climate control system is
more than can be provided to the Li-ion
battery for charging.
• Some charging stations used to perform
normal charge are equipped with timer
functions. If the charger timer function
and the vehicle timer are both set, and the
Page 75 of 412
two timers are not set to operate at the
same time, it is possible that the charger
will not start or the battery will not be
charged to the level expected.
• If the Li-ion battery warmer is operating
while the Climate Ctrl. Timer or Remote
Climate Control is being used, perfor-
mance of the Climate Control will be
• The Li-ion battery may not charge to the
expected level using the Charging Timer
when a Start time and End time are set
while the Li-ion battery warmer operates.
• Set only the Charging Timer End time
when charging in cold weather. The ve-
hicle automatically determines when to
start charging to fully charge the Li-ion
battery, even if the Li-ion battery warmer
operates. Charging ends before the set
End time if the Li-ion battery is fully
• The 12-volt battery can become dis-
charged if the charging timer is operated
repeatedly between the Li-ion battery
charges while the vehicle is not used for
an extended period of time.
Without navigation system
•For the charging timer of models without
navigation system, set the charging end
time. The vehicle automatically calculates
when to start charging based on the con-
dition of the power source and the esti-
mated time required for charging to a full
• When the Charging Timer and the Climate
Ctrl. Timer are set at the same time, the
charging start time moves to an earlier
Depending on the Li-ion battery condition
and the power source status, charging
may end earlier than the charging end
time. This is not a malfunction.
1. Push the
switchAon the left side of
the combination meter panel.
Page 76 of 412
2. Push theswitchBto highlight “Charg-
ing Timer” on the vehicle information display
and then push the switch. 3. The “Charging Timer” screen is displayed. To
change the time or turn the timer on or off,
switch. To turn the timer on or off, use the
to highlight “On” or “Off” and then push the
switch. If “On” is selected, an additional
screen is displayed that allows you to change
the time of the charging timer.
Page 77 of 412
4. The hour portion of the time is highlighted onthe screen. Push the
switch to change
the hour field in increments of one hour. Push
switch to move to the minutes field.
5. Push the
switch to change the minute
field in increments of ten minutes. Push the
switch to finish setting the charging
When a charging timer is not turned on, charging
automatically starts when a normal or trickle
charge connector is connected to the vehicle.
Use the immediate charge mode anytime you
want to start charging when a charging timer is
turned on by performing the following:
1. Place the power switch in the OFF position.
2. Press the immediate charge switch.
3. Connect the normal or trickle charge cablewhen the charging status indicator light
changes to display immediate charge mode.
See “Charging status indicator lights” in this
Page 78 of 412
•You have 15 minutes to connect a normal
or trickle charge connector to the vehicle
after the immediate charge switch is
pressed. If a charge connector is not con-
nected to the vehicle within 15 minutes,
the vehicle automatically returns to the
• Immediate charge will be available for 15
minutes before returning automatically to
the previous setting.
• To cancel immediate charge mode press
the immediate charge switch again.
• If charge cable is disconnected, the Li-ion
battery automatically switches to charg-
ing timer. To perform an immediate
charge again, press the immediate charge
switch and connect charge cable.
• If the charge cable is already connected,
press the immediate charge switch to
start performing an immediate charge.
CHARGING RELATED REMOTE
FUNCTION (MODELS WITH
This vehicle incorporates a communication device
that is called a TCU (Telematics Communication Unit) . The communication connection between
this unit and NISSAN CARWINGS™ Data Center
allows for various remote function services.
Li-ion battery status check:
The charging status of the Li-ion battery can
be checked using your personal computer or
internet enabled smart phone even if you are
not in the vehicle.
• Remote charge:
The function of starting Li-ion battery charge
or starting the heater and air conditioner is
available using your personal computer or in-
ternet enabled smart phone.
• Unplugged status:
A notification e-mail will be sent to your per-
sonal computer or internet enabled smart
phone if the plug is not connected at the
certain time you selected, after you turning off
the power switch in registered place.
•Establishing the CARWINGS™ service is
necessary before using this service. See
LEAF Navigation System Owner’s Manual.
• To check the Li-ion battery charging status
using an internet enabled smart phone or personal computer, the following condi-
tions must be met:
– The vehicle must be located in a cellu- lar phone coverage area.
– The cellular phone must be located in an area with cellular phone coverage.
– If using a computer, the computer must be connected to the internet.
– Some cellular phones are not compat- ible and cannot be used to check the
Li-ion battery charging status. Please
• Certain remote functions required a com-
patible smart phone, which is not included
• CARWINGS™ information system features
are included through a subscription ser-
vice which requires owner consent to ac-
tivate. The subscription must be active to
use these features.
• CARWINGS™ communications may be re-
ceived at a verified e-mail address or by
SMS/text messaging-enabled mobile
• Standard text rates and/or data usage
may apply depending on your carrier.
Page 79 of 412
CHARGING STATUS INDICATOR
The charging status indicator lights1to3
display the charging status, and are visible from
both inside and outside the vehicle.When the normal charge connector lock is
All of the indicator lights,
1to3, will flash and
beep will sound three times when the normal
charge connector lock switch on the Intelligent
Key or the charge port lid opener switch is
When the normal charge connector is con-
All of the indicator lights,
1to3, will flash and
beep will sound three times within 30 seconds
when the charge connector is connected incor-
rectly to the normal charge port. Ready for charging timer
If charging timer is set, the indicator lights illumi-
nate, in order from
1to3. The indicator lights
turn off after approximately 5 minutes.
CHARGING RELATED INDICATOR
Page 80 of 412
Ready for immediate charge
When the power switch is off and if the immedi-
ate charge switch is pressed while the charge
cable is not connected, the indicator light
This indicator light
2illuminates when the ve-
hicle is ready for immediate charge. You have 15
minutes to connect the charge connector to the
vehicle. If the charge connector is not connected
within 15 minutes, the indicator light
and you must start the immediate charge mode
again to charge the Li-ion battery. When charging
When the Li-ion battery is being charged, the
charging status indicator lights will change de-
pending on the amount the Li-ion battery is
*: This value is also displayed by the illumination
of segments of the Li-ion battery available charge
gauge on the instrument panel.
When fully charged
All of the indicator lights
the Li-ion battery is fully charged.
The indicator lights turn off after approximately 5
minutes or when the charge connector is re-